Hiring the right interior designer for your Bangkok home is a crucial decision. The general advice from interior designers is to interview at least three candidates before making a final decision. Contrary to popular belief, it’s not just about color schemes and aesthetic preferences when hiring Bangkok Interior Designer, but also their ability to create spaces that function well in line with the needs and lifestyle of your family.
Steps for Choosing an Interior Designer
1) Define Your Style – this includes the style you’re looking for in each room, what colors you want to use and if you want a certain theme throughout your house. It also includes whether there are any special features which need consideration (such as animals).
2) Set a Budget – Together with your designer, draw up a budget for the entire project so there are no nasty surprises.
3) Check Their References – A good interior design company will have glowing references from previous clients. Ask to see some of their previous work and read through reviews on their website.
4) Hire for Personality – As well as skill, hiring someone who can work with you as well as your family is essential. If you’re not comfortable in each other’s company, it will be harder to implement ideas and create a space that works seamlessly in tandem with your lifestyle.
5) Written Contract – It’s always advisable to get a written contract. This will outline everything discussed, including the price and how many weeks or months the project will take.
6) Trust Your Instincts – If you dislike your interior designer’s ideas and they don’t seem to be working with you, trust your instincts and politely part ways.
7) Don’t Forget to Enjoy Your Home – When you have it all set up, make sure to enjoy your space and time in the home. If you find you only use a particular room or area, split it into more functional spaces that suit your needs.
8) A Final Check – Have a final meeting with your interior designer at the end of the project to check for any last-minute issues.
Although it’s a long process, finding the right interior designer for your Bangkok home is definitely worth it.